Hello everybody, it’s John, welcome to our recipe site. Today, we’re going to make a distinctive dish, shrimp mofongo. It is one of my favorites food recipes. This time, I’m gonna make it a little bit unique. This will be really delicious.
Add the shrimp and remaining garlic, season with salt and pepper and cook over high heat, stirring. Make the mofongo: Fit a large pot with deep-fry thermometer. Add the sofrito, garlic, and onion into the pan over high heat.
Shrimp mofongo is one of the most well liked of current trending foods on earth. It is simple, it’s quick, it tastes yummy. It’s appreciated by millions daily. Shrimp mofongo is something that I have loved my whole life. They’re fine and they look fantastic.
To get started with this particular recipe, we have to first prepare a few components. You can have shrimp mofongo using 10 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to make Shrimp mofongo:
- Take 2 green plantains
- Make ready 1-2 cups canola oil for frying
- Make ready 1-2 cloves garlic depending on your taste
- Make ready 1/2 pound large raw shrimp
- Prepare 1 teaspoon olive oil
- Get Chopped up cilantro
- Make ready 1 teaspoon lime juice
- Make ready 1/4 cup onion
- Prepare Adobo according to your liking
- Take 1/4 th Chicken bouillon cube
It is served with protein on the side or as a filling. This recipe features shrimp with a tasty tomato sauce. Remove from the heat and fold in the culantro. Serve the Mofongo ball in the sauce with the shrimp and remaining plantain chips.
Steps to make Shrimp mofongo:
- Start with peeling the green plantains. Cut into 1/2 inch thick pieces. You can start mincing the yellow onions and take your cilantro, wash it and then chop it up.
- Start heating up a frying pan. Fill with the oil and once it’s hot start adding the green plantains. Fry for a couple of minutes until you feel it start getting soft on the inside. Flip them on the other side. Fry for a couple of more minutes then take them out. Put them on a plate lined up with paper towel so it can soak up the grease.
- Take a pan and put the olive oil. Put the 4th of the bouillon cube in the oil. Add lime juice adobo, cilantro and onion start frying. Add the garlic. Fry for about 1 minute then add shrimp. Cook for 2 minutes on each side. Make sure you don’t overcook the shrimp.
- Take a bowl or a pilon and add the fried green plantains. That will be where you will mash the plantains into the round form. Add a small amount of garlic. Mash until soft. Once the plantains have taken its form take it out and put it on the plate. Add the shrimp on the mofongo. 🙂
We are traveling all over the map with today's Shrimp Mofongo recipe. First, we are headed to the bayou for a creole inspired shrimp stew. The base of this stew is a "roux" which is just a fancy term for a sauce that is formed when you whisk together flour and a type of fat (normally oil or butter) for a looooong time. The Puerto Rican plantain dish, shrimp mofongo is a very filling dish. This mofongo with shrimp in garlic sauce recipe is an easy dish to make.
So that is going to wrap it up for this exceptional food shrimp mofongo recipe. Thank you very much for reading. I’m confident that you will make this at home. There’s gonna be interesting food in home recipes coming up. Remember to bookmark this page on your browser, and share it to your family, colleague and friends. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!