Hey everyone, it’s Brad, welcome to my recipe site. Today, I will show you a way to prepare a special dish, papas rellenas. One of my favorites. This time, I am going to make it a little bit unique. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Meanwhile, heat the vegetable oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Puerto Rican papas rellenas, or rellenos de papa as they are called, have a bit of a story in my family history. I've told you before how I used to think I was Puerto Rican as a child, although I'm actually half Mexican [full story here].
Papas Rellenas is one of the most well liked of recent trending foods in the world. It is simple, it’s quick, it tastes delicious. It’s appreciated by millions daily. Papas Rellenas is something that I’ve loved my entire life. They’re nice and they look fantastic.
To get started with this particular recipe, we have to prepare a few components. You can cook papas rellenas using 7 ingredients and 14 steps. Here is how you can achieve that.
The ingredients needed to make Papas Rellenas:
- Take 4 medium potatoes
- Take 1 lb ground pork
- Prepare 1/2 lb ground sausage
- Prepare 1/2 cup milk
- Prepare 1 stick butter
- Get 2 egg
- Take 1 cup Italian bread crumbs
This is an excellent recipe for using up leftover mashed potatoes. First, you prepare a seasoned ground beef filling, similar to an empanada filling. Then you mold mashed potatoes around the savory ground beef, forming the whole thing into an oblong shape; basically, you make it. Today, we are headed to Peru for the delicious recipe of papa rellena !
Steps to make Papas Rellenas:
- Bring water to a boil
- Brown ground pork and sausage (add seasoning as desired)
- Cut potatoes into cube pieces
- Add potatoes to boiling water, cook until fork tender (I left skin on potatoes but it's your choice)
- Turn heat off potatoes, add milk and butter
- Place pot of potatoes in refrigerator for a couple of hours (3hrs) to cool off
- Take an ice cream scooper and form potatoes into ball
- Break ball in half and add meat mixture and seal ball back
- Whisk eggs into a bowl put aside, put bread crumbs in a bowl set aside
- Get potato ball dip in egg mix, then bread crumb and place on cookie sheet (repeat until potatoes are gone)
- Place cookie sheet in refrigerator for an hour (1hr)
- Put vegetable oil in deep fryer and let get warm
- (2) at a time place potato balls in vegetable oil, cook for about 5mins (until lightly brown)
- Cool off and serve
From the Andes to heavenly beaches, the cuisine of the country is considered one of the most varied and richest in the world and it's why some people say that Peruvian cuisine is the El Dorado of Latin America. Papa rellena means "stuffed potato", and it basically is mashed potato stuffed with minced beef, raisins, olives, and hard-boiled egg, and pan fried untill it's golden on the outside. Like most creolle dishes, it's accompanied with salsa criolla, and although it was originally created as an appetizer, in most households it's eaten as. Papas rellenas combine the great taste of mashed potatoes with a meat filling. About these fried Cuban potato balls.
So that’s going to wrap it up for this exceptional food papas rellenas recipe. Thanks so much for your time. I am sure that you can make this at home. There’s gonna be interesting food at home recipes coming up. Remember to bookmark this page on your browser, and share it to your loved ones, friends and colleague. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!