Hey everyone, it is Drew, welcome to our recipe page. Today, I will show you a way to prepare a special dish, grilled sardine rolls with umeboshi and shiso leaves. One of my favorites. This time, I will make it a bit unique. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Grilled Sardine Rolls with Umeboshi and Shiso Leaves is one of the most well liked of recent trending meals on earth. It’s easy, it’s fast, it tastes yummy. It is enjoyed by millions daily. Grilled Sardine Rolls with Umeboshi and Shiso Leaves is something which I’ve loved my whole life. They’re nice and they look fantastic.
To begin with this recipe, we must first prepare a few ingredients. You can have grilled sardine rolls with umeboshi and shiso leaves using 5 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to make Grilled Sardine Rolls with Umeboshi and Shiso Leaves:
- Get 4 small fillets Sardines
- Prepare 2 large Umeboshi (not the hard, crunchy type)
- Prepare 4 large Shiso leaves
- Prepare 1 tbsp Soy sauce
- Take 1 tbsp Sake
Instructions to make Grilled Sardine Rolls with Umeboshi and Shiso Leaves:
- Mince the umeboshi to make a paste. Cut off the heads of the sardines, remove the guts and bones, then fillet. Butterfly them if they're on the smaller side.
- Blot the excess moisture from the sardines with a paper towel, then spread the umeboshi paste from Step 1 over the inside flesh. Place a shiso leaf on each fillet, then wrap and secure with a toothpick.
- Arrange the sardines in a non-stick frying pan (otherwise, use a small amount of vegetable oil), then fry over medium heat. Each side should take only about 30 seconds.
- Once they are nicely browned, pour in the soy sauce and sake, then cover with a lid. Steam-cook for about 2 minutes on low heat, then remove the toothpicks and serve.
So that’s going to wrap it up for this special food grilled sardine rolls with umeboshi and shiso leaves recipe. Thanks so much for your time. I am confident that you will make this at home. There’s gonna be more interesting food in home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to bookmark this page in your browser, and share it to your loved ones, colleague and friends. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!