Hey everyone, I hope you are having an amazing day today. Today, we’re going to make a distinctive dish, popcorn chicken. It is one of my favorites. This time, I’m gonna make it a little bit unique. This will be really delicious.
Popcorn chicken is one of the most favored of recent trending foods in the world. It is easy, it is quick, it tastes delicious. It’s appreciated by millions daily. They’re fine and they look wonderful. Popcorn chicken is something that I’ve loved my entire life.
Try These Delicious Recipes Made With Hellmann's® Mayonnaise! Bring Out The Best With Hellmann's® Today! Send A Variety Of Holiday Popcorn Gifts - Seasonal Treats Perfect For Holiday Festivities.
To begin with this particular recipe, we must first prepare a few ingredients. You can have popcorn chicken using 14 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to make Popcorn chicken:
- Prepare chicken: cut into small pieces
- Take 2 chicken breasts
- Take flour mixture
- Get 1 cup flour
- Get 1/2 tsp baking powder
- Make ready 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- Make ready 1 salt and pepper
- Prepare bread crumbs, separately in a bowl
- Make ready 1 Panko or finely ground bread crumbs
- Make ready egg mixture
- Get 1 egg
- Make ready 1/4 cup milk
- Make ready cooking
- Get 1 deep fry oil
Popcorn chicken is quite literally crispy, crunchy nuggets. You'd think KFC invented popcorn chicken. Combine chicken pieces, soy sauce, rice vinegar, garlic, ginger, five-spice powder, white pepper, salt, and cayenne pepper in a large bowl. Deep fry evenly till golden on a medium flame.
Instructions to make Popcorn chicken:
- cut chicken into cubes, around 1 inch cubes
- dredge chicken pieces through flour mixture, then through egg mixture, then through Panko or bread crumbs.
- let breaded chicken set in the fridge for an hour or so. Then repeat the dredging (if you want an extra crispy coating)
- heat oil in a deep skillet or wok. When a flick of water bounces off the top of the oil, its hot enough. Cook chicken until golden and crispy. Turning and keeping a close eye. If oil begins to smoke in the slightest, turn down heat, remove pan for a moment to allow cooling.
- Note: you may need more milk/egg mixture. I needed two eggs and about 1/2 cup milk
Keep stirring after a minute or two for even frying. Drain popcorn chicken on a kitchen tissue and serve hot with ketchup, sauce or any other dip. Find the best Popcorn Chicken near you on Yelp - see all Popcorn Chicken open now and reserve an open table. This sweet and sour chicken dish is one you'll find yourself returning to again and again. Pre-cooked, frozen popcorn chicken simmered in a thick, homemade sweet-and-sour sauce is the secret to this fast and fabulous recipe.
So that is going to wrap this up for this special food popcorn chicken recipe. Thank you very much for reading. I’m sure that you will make this at home. There is gonna be interesting food in home recipes coming up. Remember to save this page in your browser, and share it to your loved ones, friends and colleague. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!