Hey everyone, hope you are having an incredible day today. Today, I will show you a way to make a special dish, easy castella cake (poundcake). It is one of my favorites food recipes. This time, I am going to make it a bit unique. This will be really delicious.
Easy Castella Cake (poundcake) is one of the most well liked of recent trending foods in the world. It is easy, it is quick, it tastes delicious. It’s enjoyed by millions every day. Easy Castella Cake (poundcake) is something that I have loved my entire life. They’re fine and they look fantastic.
To begin with this recipe, we have to first prepare a few ingredients. You can cook easy castella cake (poundcake) using 9 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you can achieve that.
The ingredients needed to make Easy Castella Cake (poundcake):
- Take 2/3 C (100 g) cake flour
- Take 2/3 C (100 g) unsalted butter
- Take 2/3 C (100 g) milk
- Prepare 4-6 egg yolks
- Take 4-6 egg whites
- Take 2/3 C (100 g) organic sugar
- Make ready 1-2 tsp Dominican style vanilla*
- Take Dominican vanilla
- Make ready Can be found in the Caribbean section in your supermarket
Instructions to make Easy Castella Cake (poundcake):
- Separate egg yolks from the whites and place them both in separate bowls. Set aside.
- In a bowl, sift the cake flour. Also set aside. In a small pot place butter and milk and let it melt over medium heat stirring occasionally. Once you see a few bubbles on the sides turn off. Pour this over the cake flour (while warm) and whisk until smooth.
- Whisk egg whites and sugar until a smooth meringue is form. Soft peaks is a good sign of how far to whisk it. After doing this, combine the meringue with the cake batter and mix together well.
- Pre-heat oven to a low 305 F
- In a baking pan (square is preferred) line it with wax paper (baking paper) on all sides. This will help the cake not stick to the pan and will make it easy to take out. Tap pan gently ontop of a kitchen towel to get air bubbles out. Since this is a pound cake made of mostly yolks, you will need to place the pan in a shallow baking tray and do a marybain (water bath) which means you have to place the pan in the tray and pour hot water gently to cover up to half way of the pan.
- Once you do this step, place the cake batter into the oven and bake for 50-60 minutes. Insert a tooth pick around 50 minute mark to see if it comes out clean.
- Tip: you can also bake this in your rice/slow cooker!!! Instead of a pan, oil your rice pot and pour batter. Cook it for 50 minutes. If it is still too light and a bit "wet" continue cooking for ten more minutes. Here is the third try this time in the rice cooker.
So that’s going to wrap this up for this exceptional food easy castella cake (poundcake) recipe. Thanks so much for your time. I’m confident that you will make this at home. There’s gonna be interesting food in home recipes coming up. Remember to save this page on your browser, and share it to your loved ones, colleague and friends. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!