Hello everybody, it is Drew, welcome to our recipe site. Today, we’re going to make a special dish, mike's bbq chicken & bbq pulled pork sandwiches + sides. One of my favorites food recipes. For mine, I will make it a bit tasty. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Mike's BBQ Chicken & BBQ Pulled Pork Sandwiches + Sides is one of the most well liked of current trending foods on earth. It is easy, it is fast, it tastes delicious. It is appreciated by millions daily. Mike's BBQ Chicken & BBQ Pulled Pork Sandwiches + Sides is something which I have loved my whole life. They’re nice and they look wonderful.
View the online menu of Mikes Chicken and other restaurants in Dallas, Texas. Please check with the restaurant directly. Smoked Meats the Old School Way in South Philadelphia catering events and parties.
To get started with this particular recipe, we have to prepare a few components. You can cook mike's bbq chicken & bbq pulled pork sandwiches + sides using 39 ingredients and 22 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to make Mike's BBQ Chicken & BBQ Pulled Pork Sandwiches + Sides:
- Make ready ● For The Chicken & Brine
- Take 6 LG Boneless Chicken Breasts
- Make ready 1 tbsp Granulated Garlic Powder
- Prepare 1 tbsp Granulated Onion Powder
- Make ready 1/2 tbsp Cracked Black Pepper
- Take 1/2 Cup Sugar
- Take 1/2 Cup Salt
- Make ready as needed Oil [to be added after brine is complete]
- Take 2 LG Ziplock Bags
- Make ready ● For The BBQ Sauce
- Take 4 Bottles Sweet Baby Ray's BBQ Sauce [reserve some for sandwich toppers]
- Make ready ● For The Corn On The Cob
- Make ready as needed Water
- Take 12 LG Ears Corn [shucked - boil 6 ears at a time]
- Get 1 Cup Whole Milk
- Get 1 Cube Butter
- Make ready ● For The Spicy Pulled Beef Or Pork
- Make ready 1 (3 Pound) Beef Or Pork Shoulder Roast [your choice]
- Prepare 1 Medium Green Bell Pepper [chopped]
- Make ready 4 Garlic Cloves [smashed & fine minced]
- Make ready 1 LG Vidalia Onion [chopped]
- Make ready 3 (14 oz) Cans Beef Stock
- Prepare 2 LG Jalapeños [minced]
- Take 4 Drops Liquid Smoke
- Prepare ● For The Additions & Garnishments
- Prepare 12 LG Quality Buns [+ melted butter if choosing to grill or pan sear]
- Make ready as needed Smoked Mozzarella Slices
- Get as needed Red Onions [thin sliced]
- Make ready as needed Dill Pickle Slices
- Prepare as needed Tomato Slices
- Make ready as needed Cole Slaw
- Take as needed Lettuce
- Get ● For The BBQ Baked Beans
- Make ready 2 (1 Pound) Cans Pinto Beans
- Get 1/2 Cup White Onions [minced]
- Get 1/4 Cup Green Bell Peppers [minced]
- Take 4 tbsp Sweet Baby Ray's BBQ Sauce
- Prepare 1/4 Cup Brown Sugar [or more to taste]
- Take 1 tbsp Yellow Mustard
All the meats are smoked before grinding to give our stew a rich aroma and deep flavor that just has to be experienced. Choose from our delicious baby back ribs, smoked chicken (half or whole), smoked chicken wings, beef brisket or pulled meat sandwiches, and unforgettable sides like our corn muffins, cole slaw, and BBQ beans. Mike grew up on the North Shore in Haleiwa, Hawaii. The coastline was overgrown with Kiawe trees.
Steps to make Mike's BBQ Chicken & BBQ Pulled Pork Sandwiches + Sides:
- Begin your roast by searing it on high in a slight amount of oil on all sides until browned.
- Add everything in the roast section and cover tightly. Simmer for 2 hours or until it's easily shredded apart with forks. Flip roast occasionally.
- Rinse your chicken breasts and pat dry. Create your brine by adding everything in the brine section in 2 cups hot water. Mix until fully dissolved and cooled. Add ice and ice water and cooled brine together in a gallon sized Ziplock Bag. Add chicken. Place in fridge for 1+ hours. Massage and turn bag occasionally.
- Pull your chicken and 2 by 2 - add to your second clean Ziplock Bag. With a heavy mallet - beat chicken to equal thicknesses.
- Trim any fat or anything unsightly. Lightly oil chicken breasts.
- Clean, oil and high heat your grill. Preheat grill for 15 minutes.
- Grill chicken for 3 minutes on each side with your grill covered. Grill until you achieve a slight char.
- Turn heat to medium and grill breasts on indirect heat [away from direct flames] for 7 to 10 minutes. Depending upon the thickness of your chicken breasts. Continually flip and coat with BBQ Sauce. Get ready for your grill to look a complete disaster!
- Shuck corn and clean off fibers. Add corn to a large pot and add enough water to cover them. Add 1 cup whole milk and 1 cube butter. Bring to a boil. Cover and boil for 7 to 10 minutes depending upon size. Watch closely as the milk addition WILL cause your pot to foam over.
- Allow chicken to rest for 5 minutes.
- Slice your BBQ chicken into strips.
- Pull your roast, shread with forks and drain. Reserve fluids for recipes later in the week.
- Place shreaded meat into a large bowl and mix in Sweet Baby Ray's BBQ Sauce to your liking. Or, leave it naked and allow your guests to drizzle BBQ sauce over their sandwiches.
- Grill or pan sear your buns with butter and a light sprinkle of garlic and onion powder.
- Crispy grilled garlic buns.
- Pictured below: Grilled BBQ Sliced Chicken on a grilled seasoned bun with pickles, red onions and tomatoes. To the right - BBQ Pulled Pork Sandwich on a grilled seasoned bun with red onions and chilled Cole Slaw. Both topped with additional Sweet Baby Ray's BBQ Sauce.
- Fine chop your BBQ Baked Bean vegetables and place in a sealed container with a dash of water. Microwave for 2 minutes to soften. Seal and let them sweat for 5 minutes.
- Mix everything together in the BBQ Baked Beans section. Cook your beans stove top or microwave until vegetables are softened. If you have the time - sauté your vegetables in a slight amount of oil until translucent. Then add all other ingredients.
- Pictured below: Copy Cat KFC Cole Slaw and BBQ Baked Beans.
- Braised and BBQ'd Pork Ribs.
- Pork Ribs with Baked Bean, Cole Slaw and Watermelon sides.
- Enjoy your Summer!
Mike's Huli chicken is broiled over Kiawe wood and naturally flavored with traditional Hawaiian sea salt. Kiawe wood gives the chicken it's unique smoked flavor. "Maui Mike's" and "Maui Wowie" are trademarks owned by Maui Mike's Inc. Fresh premium chicken that's hand-massaged with our special seasoning then fire-roasted for hours to perfection. View the online menu of Mikes Chicken and other restaurants in Dallas, Texas. Please check with the restaurant directly.
So that is going to wrap it up with this exceptional food mike's bbq chicken & bbq pulled pork sandwiches + sides recipe. Thanks so much for your time. I’m sure that you will make this at home. There is gonna be interesting food at home recipes coming up. Remember to save this page in your browser, and share it to your loved ones, colleague and friends. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!