Hello everybody, hope you’re having an amazing day today. Today, we’re going to make a special dish, ulli vada- kerala evening snack. One of my favorites food recipes. For mine, I will make it a bit unique. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Ulli Vada- Kerala evening snack is one of the most well liked of current trending meals on earth. It is appreciated by millions daily. It is easy, it’s fast, it tastes yummy. They are nice and they look fantastic. Ulli Vada- Kerala evening snack is something that I’ve loved my entire life.
Ulli Vada recipe with step by step pics. Ulli Vada are crisp and crunchy onion fritters which are popular as a street food snack in Kerala. During our visit to Kerala in one of the hotels we stayed, Ulli Vada used to be one of their regular evening snacks with tea.
To begin with this particular recipe, we must first prepare a few components. You can cook ulli vada- kerala evening snack using 10 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to make Ulli Vada- Kerala evening snack:
- Make ready 2 big Onions
- Get 2 tsp Kashmiri Chilli powder
- Get 2 Green chillies
- Take 2 tsp Grated ginger
- Prepare 1/4 tsp Hing /asafoetida
- Take 1 tsp Garam masala 1
- Get 1 cup Besan/gram flour
- Make ready as needed Coconut oil -for deep frying
- Get to taste salt
- Prepare 2 sprigs curry leaves -2 sprigs
It is a traditional favourite breakfast and snack of south india which features not just in everyday cuisine but is also an indispensable part of the menu on festivals and puja days. Foods are filled with nostalgic memories. Ulli Vada is Kerala's own Onion Fritters and is also known as Onion Pakoda in North India. A really quick and easy crispy snack, perfect for tea time winter evenings!!
Steps to make Ulli Vada- Kerala evening snack:
- Slice onion into thin pieces(lengthwise).Add required salt and mix it nicely with your hand,so that water(juice)will ooze out from onion.
- Add grated ginger,chopped green chilli and chopped curry leaves,garam masala and gram flour.keep this aside for 10 minutes.No need to add extra water.
- Add a spoonful of onion batter mix to the hot oil and deep fry it.Add 3- 4 spoons of batter separately,deep fry it until both sides turns golden brown.Drain it to a tissue paper for absorbing excess oil.
- Do the same for the next batch of vadas.
- Serve this with hot tea or coffee or any chutney varieties as you wish
Ulli vada is nothing but Onion fritters Kerala style /Onion Pakoda (Pyaaz Pakoda) in Hindi. Ulli vada ,I believe, is the easiest fritters among the vadas ,which doesn't require any soaking lentils ,grinding into any sorta paste ,neither,like any other fritters that require a liquid-y batter to make them. Its variants are available in north Indian snacks as well. If you want to eat something heavy in the evening along with tea, Kerala Perotta is the best option. Ulli vada is a popular Ramadan Iftar Snack item for Indians (Ramzan snack Item) especially Keralites.
So that’s going to wrap this up with this special food ulli vada- kerala evening snack recipe. Thank you very much for reading. I am sure you will make this at home. There’s gonna be interesting food at home recipes coming up. Remember to save this page on your browser, and share it to your loved ones, colleague and friends. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!