Hey everyone, hope you’re having an incredible day today. Today, we’re going to make a special dish, thanksgiving turkey. It is one of my favorites food recipes. For mine, I will make it a bit tasty. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Thanksgiving Turkey is one of the most popular of recent trending meals in the world. It’s appreciated by millions every day. It’s simple, it is quick, it tastes delicious. Thanksgiving Turkey is something that I have loved my whole life. They’re fine and they look wonderful.
To begin with this particular recipe, we must prepare a few components. You can cook thanksgiving turkey using 15 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to make Thanksgiving Turkey:
- Take Turkey
- Get 1 12-14lb Turkey
- Take 1 large vidalia/sweet onion, quartered
- Get 2 Apples, cored & sliced
- Make ready 2 Sprig of fresh rosemary (or 1tsp dried)
- Make ready 1 Sprig fresh Thyme (or 1/2 tsp dried)
- Get Rub
- Take 2 tbsp Softened Butter
- Prepare 1 tsp Parsley
- Get 1 tsp Rubbed Sage
- Get 1 tsp Thyme
- Make ready 1 tsp Chicken Soup Base
- Get Seasoning
- Take 2 tbsp Olive Oil
- Take 1/2 tsp Poultry Seasoning
Steps to make Thanksgiving Turkey:
- Preheat oven to 325°F. Remove giblets and discard or save for gravy or stuffing.
- Stuff the turkey lightly with the onion and apple slices and the rosemary and thyme.
- In a small bowl, combine the butter, parsley, sage, thyme and soup base. Mix well. Loosen the turkey skin over the breast and thighs and rub the misture into the meat under the skin
- Over the skin, rub with olive oil and sprinkle with poultry seasoning. Tuck in the wing tips and bake at 325°F until the turkey reaches and internal temp of 165 (about 2.5 - 3.5 hours). Baste occasionally.
- Remove from the oven and tent loosely with foil. Let rest for 20 mins before carving.
So that’s going to wrap it up with this special food thanksgiving turkey recipe. Thanks so much for your time. I’m confident you will make this at home. There’s gonna be more interesting food in home recipes coming up. Remember to bookmark this page in your browser, and share it to your loved ones, friends and colleague. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!