Hey everyone, it is me again, Dan, welcome to our recipe page. Today, we’re going to make a special dish, banga soup. It is one of my favorites. For mine, I’m gonna make it a little bit tasty. This will be really delicious.
This Banga soup is one of many delta state soups in Nigeria. While it is indigenous to the Deltas, it is also loved and enjoyed by both People from Edo state and all over the Niger Delta states. Nigerian Banga Soup or Ofe Akwu is native to the Niger Delta and the South Eastern parts of Nigeria.
Banga soup is one of the most popular of current trending meals in the world. It’s simple, it is quick, it tastes delicious. It is appreciated by millions daily. Banga soup is something which I have loved my entire life. They are fine and they look fantastic.
To begin with this particular recipe, we have to prepare a few ingredients. You can have banga soup using 6 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to make Banga soup:
- Prepare Snails, cow tail, shrimps, perewinkles, dry fish, stockfish
- Get Palm nuts (Banga)
- Make ready Crayfish, onions, pepper
- Make ready Cooking spices/herbs
- Prepare Salt
- Prepare Seasoning
Banga Soup is a Nigerian soup that is native to the Southernarts of Nigeria. It is very similar to the Igbo's Ofe Akwu, but the additional spices used for. Banga soup is one of the best nourishing soup you can make with palm nut. All it takes is an assortment of spice flavorings, an assortment of meat and.
Steps to make Banga soup:
- Wash Banga clean and boil till soft
- Wash meat, snail and all and set aside, dice onions and parboil meat, shrimps and snail with onions, salt and seasoning cubes.
- Wen Banga is soft, put in a mortar and pound till the skin is seperated from the nuts then use hot water to extract the oil and set in high heat to boil
- Pound all local spices to smooth and sieve with a little water to extract the aromatic herbal juice and add it to the pot of boiling Banga, add dry bitterleave and allow to boil till getting dry then add meat stock, leave to boil further after a while add meat, snail and every other protein, pepper, onions, salt, seasoning cubes, crayfish and allow to boil, stir carefully, the more U carefully store with all the proteins in it starts to thicken. Taste to be sure everything is okay
- Allow to boil till it's okay then set aside. Eat with any kind of swallow. Yummy!
Banga Soup is a very popular Nigerian Palm nut soup, it's a Delta/Urhobo favourite. The preparation method of Banga soup varies from tribe to tribe. The Igbo version is called Ofe Akwu which includes. Banga or ofe akwu is a flavorful Nigerian soup made with palm fruit, beef or dried fish, vegetables, and seasonings such as salt and chili pepper. The soup is traditionally paired with various fufu dishes.
So that is going to wrap it up for this special food banga soup recipe. Thank you very much for your time. I am confident you can make this at home. There’s gonna be interesting food in home recipes coming up. Remember to bookmark this page in your browser, and share it to your loved ones, friends and colleague. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!