Hello everybody, it’s me again, Dan, welcome to my recipe page. Today, I will show you a way to make a distinctive dish, smoked sausage and squash rice bowl. One of my favorites. This time, I will make it a little bit tasty. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Dinner Tonight: Sausage-Spinach Rice Bowl Pork Floss Is the Savory, Crispy Topping We Want to Put On Everything How Long Does It Take to Smoke a Turkey? To serve, fill squash halves with sausage mixture. Anyway, unlike the aforementioned bread bowl, this sausage and rice stuffed acorn squash recipe is an example of an edible vessel that begs for a detailed The stuffing is very easy, as is the cooking method, but the acorn squash prep does need to be done carefully and with precision.
Smoked sausage and squash rice bowl is one of the most popular of current trending foods on earth. It is enjoyed by millions daily. It’s simple, it’s quick, it tastes yummy. They are nice and they look wonderful. Smoked sausage and squash rice bowl is something which I’ve loved my entire life.
To begin with this particular recipe, we must prepare a few ingredients. You can cook smoked sausage and squash rice bowl using 15 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you can achieve that.
The ingredients needed to make Smoked sausage and squash rice bowl:
- Prepare 1/2 stick butter or margarine, or 4 tbsp
- Prepare 1 1/2 lbs smoked sausage, cubed
- Make ready 1/2 of a large onion, diced
- Make ready 3 small/medium yellow squash, diced
- Get 1/2 (1 head) chopped cabbage
- Take Pepper
- Get 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- Get Good pinch crushed red pepper
- Prepare 1 cup hot water
- Take 1 chicken bullion cube
- Take 6 green onions including green part, chopped
- Make ready Rice:
- Prepare 3 cups water or broth
- Make ready 1 1/2 cups long grain rice
- Make ready Pinch salt
Its as if they were begging to be paired! Smoked Sausage and Peppers with Rice. Spoon into shallow bowls, top evenly with. After allowing squash to cool, cut it in half lengthwise, seed, quarter and peel it.
Steps to make Smoked sausage and squash rice bowl:
- In a large deep skillet or Dutch oven, melt the butter over medium high heat and add the crushed red pepper. Add cubed sausage and and let it lightly start browning. Add the onion and a little pepper and sauté for a few minutes. Add the cubed squash, pepper and sauté for a few more minutes. Add the chopped cabbage, a sprinkle more of pepper and sauté for a few minutes. Add the garlic powder. Now add the 1 cup of hot water and dissolved bullion cube. Stir, reduce heat and partially cover.
- Allow it to reduce a little. While that happens make your pot of rice. Mix the water rice and salt. Bring to a boil. Reduce to simmer and cover. Cook for 5 minutes. Turn heat off and let the water steam out about 15-20 minutes.
- Serve the sausage and veg mix over rice and sprinkle with fresh chopped green onions.
When savory charred sausage meets sweet butternut squash and blueberries, it's a match made in heaven. Add the slice smoked sausage and onions. Red rice is a tomato based staple in the Southern states, and you can combine it with a variety of options to tempt your taste buds. The recipe below works with legit any sausage that floats your boat - from t-rex-tastic options to the underrated (and still delicious!) vegan sausage options on the market right now. Find your favorite and make these easy peasy bowls for lunch or dinner!
So that’s going to wrap this up with this special food smoked sausage and squash rice bowl recipe. Thanks so much for your time. I am sure you will make this at home. There is gonna be interesting food in home recipes coming up. Remember to save this page on your browser, and share it to your loved ones, friends and colleague. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!