Hello everybody, it’s me, Dave, welcome to our recipe site. Today, we’re going to make a special dish, ms. kipper's smothered rabbit. It is one of my favorites. For mine, I am going to make it a bit tasty. This will be really delicious.
Ms. Kipper's Smothered Rabbit is one of the most favored of current trending meals on earth. It is appreciated by millions every day. It’s simple, it’s fast, it tastes delicious. Ms. Kipper's Smothered Rabbit is something that I have loved my entire life. They are nice and they look fantastic.
To get started with this recipe, we have to prepare a few ingredients. You can have ms. kipper's smothered rabbit using 21 ingredients and 14 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to make Ms. Kipper's Smothered Rabbit:
- Get frying
- Prepare 1 medium rabbit
- Get 1 **** salt
- Get 1 **** pepper
- Make ready 1 **** garlic powder
- Prepare 4 cup flour
- Prepare 1 tsp tarragon
- Get 1 **** oil for frying… about 1/2 inch..
- Take braising instead of gravy..
- Prepare 2 cup chicken both
- Prepare Gravy…. skip these ingredients if u wiish to braise
- Get 1 -- 1/8 cup oil left in skillet after frying rabbit
- Get 1 medium onion, i like to.leave these in rings..
- Make ready 3 tbsp flour used seasoned flour)
- Take 3 cup broth
- Make ready veggies
- Take 5 small new potatoes
- Take 6 medium carrots… course cuts
- Get 3 stalks celery course cuts
- Get 1 dash oil
- Make ready 1 *** salt, pepper, garlic powder… sprinkle veggies only lightly
Instructions to make Ms. Kipper's Smothered Rabbit:
- Put flour, seasoned salt, tarrogan, garlic powder and pepper in a large mixing bowl and whisk it until well blended.
- Dredge cut up rabbit pieces in flour mixture and fry. I prefer a cast iron skillet or Dutch oven with a tight fitting lid.
- Fry until golden brown on outside. if you do not have cast iron then place in a baking dish as they are taken out of the skillet.
- After rabbit is done make about 1/8 of a cup of oil is left in skillet and the drippings from frying.
- If braising skip step #6
- Put 3 Tablespoons of flour in the skillet. allow it to turn golden brown. put 1/2 teaspoon of salt, 1/8 teaspoon of pepper in the skilket
- Add onion and 3/4 teaspoon of minced garlic.
- Add 3 cups (2 cups if braising) of broth or water to pan. step back as it might steam and bubble.
- Cut up veggies in course cuts… splash with oil add salt, pepper, garlic powder and mix by hand.. put in pan with rabbit and put..
- Gravy might look watery. pour over your rabbit pieces. if you are using the Dutch oven place rabbit pieces back in pan in gravy. cover with lid and turn down to low. stir regularly to keep it from sticking. add more water if it becomes thick.
- Let cook in low heat for 45 minutes.
- ** can serve with mashed potatoes or wild rice pilaf.
- *** IF IN BAKING DISH… cover with aluminum foil after adding the gravy and let bake at 375° for 1 hour. rabbit should be extremely tender.
- *** because I use cast iron I cover it with tight fitting lid and place in oven… keep an eye on content if it seems to be getting low on broth add more water or white wine (1/2 cup at a time)
So that’s going to wrap it up with this exceptional food ms. kipper's smothered rabbit recipe. Thank you very much for your time. I am sure that you can make this at home. There is gonna be more interesting food at home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to save this page on your browser, and share it to your loved ones, colleague and friends. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!