Hey everyone, it’s John, welcome to my recipe site. Today, I will show you a way to prepare a special dish, cajun dirty rice. One of my favorites. For mine, I am going to make it a little bit unique. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Cajun Dirty Rice is one of the most popular of recent trending foods in the world. It is appreciated by millions daily. It is simple, it’s quick, it tastes delicious. They are nice and they look wonderful. Cajun Dirty Rice is something that I have loved my entire life.
To begin with this recipe, we have to first prepare a few components. You can cook cajun dirty rice using 12 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to make Cajun Dirty Rice:
- Take 4 cup cooked rice
- Make ready 3 slice bacon
- Make ready 1 lb ground beef
- Prepare 2 -12 oz pkgs Zumo boudain, cases removed and crumbled or 1 lb. ground pork or 1 lb. chicken livers/gizzards, chopped
- Get 3 ribs celery, diced
- Prepare 1/2 green bell pepper, diced
- Prepare 1/2 sweet onion or regular yellow onion, diced
- Prepare 2 jalapeños, deseeded (unless you like the heat) and diced
- Get 4 green onions, chopped
- Make ready 3 garlic cloves, minced
- Get 1 tsp black pepper
- Get 1 1/2 tsp cajun seasoning (I use Slap Ya Mama cajun seasoning..yes, thats really a seasoning lol yum!)
Instructions to make Cajun Dirty Rice:
- In a large dutch oven or pot cook bacon until crispy. Remove and drain on paper towels. Set aside.
- In the bacon grease saute the onion, bell pepper, celery and jalapeño. Cook for 5 minutes until softened. Add garlic and saute for another 3 minutes.
- Add the ground beef and crumbled boudain. Cook until browned and cook through. DO NOT drain the grease.
- To the beef mixture add rice, black pepper, cajun seasoning, bacon and green onions. Mix well and test for your liking of seasonings to taste. Serve with a side of veggies or eat alone with your favorite hot sauce.
So that’s going to wrap it up for this special food cajun dirty rice recipe. Thanks so much for reading. I am confident that you will make this at home. There’s gonna be interesting food at home recipes coming up. Remember to bookmark this page in your browser, and share it to your loved ones, friends and colleague. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!