Hey everyone, it is me again, Dan, welcome to our recipe site. Today, we’re going to prepare a distinctive dish, achappam (rose cookies). It is one of my favorites. This time, I will make it a bit tasty. This will be really delicious.
Achappam (Rose cookies) is one of the most favored of recent trending meals on earth. It’s easy, it is quick, it tastes delicious. It’s enjoyed by millions daily. They’re fine and they look fantastic. Achappam (Rose cookies) is something that I’ve loved my whole life.
Eggless Rose Cookies । Gulabi Puvullu । Achappam. Here is the popular Achappam recipe or the Rose Cookies recipe. The recipe that I have shown is Rose Cookies without egg.
To get started with this particular recipe, we have to prepare a few ingredients. You can have achappam (rose cookies) using 9 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you can achieve that.
The ingredients needed to make Achappam (Rose cookies):
- Make ready 3/4 cup fine rice flour (Appam powder)
- Take 3/4 cup maida
- Take 1/4 cup sugar
- Take 2 eggs
- Prepare 2 tablespoons black sesame seeds
- Take 1/2 teaspoon cardamom powder
- Prepare 1 pinch salt
- Get as required Water,
- Make ready as needed Oil for deep frying
In Kerala, it is an essential snack for Christians on special days such as marriage ceremonies. Heat oil in a deep and wide pan. Place the Achappam mould in it, while heating the oil. These stunning rose cookies are for those who would love to sample an authentic Kerala teatime snack!
Steps to make Achappam (Rose cookies):
- Beat the eggs in a large bowl.
- Add the rice flour, maida, sugar and salt to the beaten eggs. Mix well.
- Using enough water, make a batter. It should be of dosa/pancake batter consistency. Keep aside for 30 minutes. Add cardamom powder and sesame seeds.
- Heat oil. Keep the mould in the oil till it heats up.
- Once the oil has heated, reduce the flame to medium.
- Remove the mould from oil and dip it in the batter upto 3/4 it's height. Place it back in the oil. This needs a bit of practice.
- The batter will not stick to the mould if it is not hot enough.
- Gently loosen the achappam from the mould. Fry till the oil almost stops bubbling.
- Drain it on kitchen towel. Achappam will be soft when fresh. It will become crunchy as it cools down.
- Store in an airtight container.
The achappam will float free in the oil. Turn over and fry till golden brown on both sides. Rose Cookies are not cookies in the real sense, but are so called because they look like dainty roses. Rose Cookies, Achappam recipe - How to make Rose Cookies, Achappam. Achappam Recipe, How To Make Achappam Recipe.
So that is going to wrap it up for this exceptional food achappam (rose cookies) recipe. Thank you very much for your time. I am confident that you will make this at home. There is gonna be interesting food at home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to save this page on your browser, and share it to your family, friends and colleague. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!