Hey everyone, it’s Louise, welcome to our recipe page. Today, I will show you a way to make a distinctive dish, muri ghonto (bengali fish head curry with rice). One of my favorites food recipes. For mine, I am going to make it a little bit unique. This will be really delicious.
Muri Ghonto (Bengali Fish Head Curry with Rice) is one of the most well liked of current trending foods on earth. It’s appreciated by millions daily. It is easy, it’s quick, it tastes delicious. They are fine and they look fantastic. Muri Ghonto (Bengali Fish Head Curry with Rice) is something which I’ve loved my entire life.
To begin with this particular recipe, we have to prepare a few components. You can have muri ghonto (bengali fish head curry with rice) using 22 ingredients and 14 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to make Muri Ghonto (Bengali Fish Head Curry with Rice):
- Make ready 1 fish head - medium sized
- Prepare 3/4 cup gobindobhog rice (or basmati rice)
- Take 1 big sized potato, diced
- Make ready 1 big sized onion, finely chopped
- Take 5-6 green chillies, slit for middle
- Prepare 1 tsp ginger paste
- Make ready 1 tsp garlic paste
- Make ready 2 cinnamon sticks (dalchini)
- Prepare 5-6 green cardamom (elaichi)
- Take 5-6 cloves (laung)
- Get 2 star anise (chakra phool)
- Make ready 2 bay leaves (tej patta)
- Get 2 dried red chillies
- Prepare 1/2 tsp whole cumin seeds (gota jeera/sabud jeera)
- Prepare 2 tsp turmeric powder (haldi)
- Get 1 tsp cumin powder (jeera)
- Prepare 1 tsp coriander powder (dhaniya)
- Prepare 1/2 tsp red chilli powder (or as per your tolerance)
- Make ready 1 tsp sugar
- Get salt (according to taste)
- Make ready 1/2 tsp ghee
- Make ready 4-5 tbsp mustard oil
Instructions to make Muri Ghonto (Bengali Fish Head Curry with Rice):
- Heat a pan and dry roast cinnamon sticks, cardamom, cloves and star anise. Remove from the pan and keep aside.
- Rub the fish head with turmeric powder and some salt. Fry the head properly and keep aside.
- Rub the potato pieces with turmeric powder and some salt. Shallow fry the pieces and keep aside.
- Heat ghee in a pan and shallow fry the rice adding 2 pinches of turmeric powder for 1 minute. Remove the rice from the pan and keep aside.
- Heat 3-4 table-spoon oil in a pan and add cumin seeds, roasted spices, dried red chillies and bay leaves. Allow the spices to splutter.
- Now, add the chopped onion and green chillies. Sautè until the onion turns translucent.
- Add ginger-garlic paste, cumin powder, coriander powder, turmeric powder, red chilli powder and salt and stir for a few seconds on low flame.
- Now, add the fish head and mix very well with the spices. Cook the head with the spices by stirring constantly until it gets crushed properly.
- Add the rice and potato and give a quick mix.
- Now, add 2 cups of warm water, mix well and cover the lid.
- Cook it on low to medium flame for 10 minutes or until the rice and potato get cooked well. Check the salt, if it is less, you can add now.
- After 10 minutes, check if it is well cooked. If not, you can add 1 cup warm water more and cook for another 5 minutes.
- Once the rice is well cooked and the water gets absorbed, add sugar and mix well.
- Turn off the flame, cover the lid and let it set for 10 minutes. Your Muri Ghonto is ready to be served now.
So that’s going to wrap this up with this special food muri ghonto (bengali fish head curry with rice) recipe. Thank you very much for reading. I am sure you can make this at home. There’s gonna be interesting food at home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to bookmark this page on your browser, and share it to your family, colleague and friends. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!