Hey everyone, I hope you are having an amazing day today. Today, I will show you a way to prepare a distinctive dish, a brazilian dish, bobó de camarão. One of my favorites. This time, I’m gonna make it a bit unique. This will be really delicious.
A Brazilian Dish, Bobó de Camarão is one of the most well liked of current trending meals on earth. It is easy, it is quick, it tastes yummy. It’s appreciated by millions every day. They’re nice and they look wonderful. A Brazilian Dish, Bobó de Camarão is something that I have loved my entire life.
To get started with this particular recipe, we have to prepare a few components. You can have a brazilian dish, bobó de camarão using 19 ingredients and 14 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to make A Brazilian Dish, Bobó de Camarão:
- Take Ingredients for the potato cream:
- Get 3 Onions
- Get 3 Ripe tomatoes
- Prepare 1 Green bell pepper
- Make ready 2 tbsp Finely chopped cilantro
- Prepare 500 grams Mandioca potatoes or cassava roots (can be substituted with potatoes instead, refer to ＊ note)
- Make ready 200 ml Olive oil
- Take 500 ml Coconut milk
- Prepare Ingredients for the shrimp soup:
- Prepare 600 grams Regular-sized shrimp (or small size)
- Make ready 1 clove Garlic
- Take 1 tbsp Salt
- Prepare 1 tbsp Finely chopped cilantro
- Get 1 Ripe tomato
- Take 1 Onion
- Make ready 1/2 Green bell pepper
- Get 50 ml Olive oil
- Get 500 ml Coconut milk
- Make ready 2 tbsp Dendê oil (palm oil)
Instructions to make A Brazilian Dish, Bobó de Camarão:
- Finely chop all the vegetables except for the potatoes. Peel the tomatoes by roasting them over gas flame (refer to Note 1), take the seeds out, and finely chop them.
- For the potato cream: Peel the potatoes, (cut into bite-sized pieces), then pulse in a food processor.
- The potatoes should look like this.
- Add the potatoes from Step 3 and the rest of the vegetables to a pot, and mix. Heat the pan over high heat, pour olive oil and coconut milk while stirring constantly.
- It will burn easily so stir continuously.
- Once the potatoes are cooked through, the color of the potato cream will turn yellow and it will become sticky. Hang in there, and continue mixing.
- Once the potato cream is slightly bubbly, simmer for another 10 minutes, while stirring constantly to prevent it from burning. The potato cream will become thick and sticky.
- How to make the shrimp soup: Pour olive oil and the garlic in a large deep pan and heat over high heat. Add the shrimp, vegetables, and salt, and heat until cooked through.
- Pour coconut milk into the pan from Step 8 in several batches, once it comes to a boil, continue simmering over high heat for another 5 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Add the potato cream from Step 7 to the shrimp soup from Step 9, combine well, and simmer for about 5 minutes while stirring constantly.
- Before turning off the heat, pour in the dendê oil, and give it a quick stir.
- Serve with long-grain rice (refer to Note 2). It will be delicious served with pimenta oil (Brazilian hot pepper oil), tabasco, or lemon juice, according to preference.
- Note 1: Refer to "Quick! Easy! Foolproof! How to Toast and Peel Tomatoes". Note 2: Refer to "How to cook long-grain rice". - - https://cookpad.com/us/recipes/144101-how-to-cook-long-grain-rice-brazilian-style
- Note: When making this dish with potatoes, the sauce will not thicken as much, so decrease the amount of coconut milk, and stir in a small amount of katakuriko dissolved in water, to thicken the sauce.
So that’s going to wrap it up for this exceptional food a brazilian dish, bobó de camarão recipe. Thank you very much for reading. I’m confident that you will make this at home. There is gonna be interesting food in home recipes coming up. Remember to save this page in your browser, and share it to your family, friends and colleague. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!