Hey everyone, it is John, welcome to my recipe page. Today, I will show you a way to prepare a special dish, chirashizushi (scattered sushi) with salmon and shrimp. It is one of my favorites. For mine, I will make it a bit unique. This will be really delicious.
Chirashizushi (Scattered Sushi) with salmon and shrimp is one of the most popular of current trending meals on earth. It’s simple, it is fast, it tastes delicious. It’s enjoyed by millions daily. They are nice and they look fantastic. Chirashizushi (Scattered Sushi) with salmon and shrimp is something that I have loved my entire life.
Mix the eggs in a bowl with sake and sugar. Heat a non stick pan with oil and make a very thin omelette (like crepe). Repeat until the egg is all used.
To get started with this recipe, we must prepare a few components. You can cook chirashizushi (scattered sushi) with salmon and shrimp using 25 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you can achieve that.
The ingredients needed to make Chirashizushi (Scattered Sushi) with salmon and shrimp:
- Get 510 g white Japanese rice (3GOU or 540ml)
- Make ready 580 ml water (540 ml if using pressure cook)
- Prepare 4.5 tbsp rice vinegar
- Take 2 tbsp sugar
- Make ready 1.5 tsp salt
- Make ready 4 dried shiitake mushroom (soaked in water)
- Take 40 g carrot
- Make ready 150 ml dashi stock
- Take 50 ml water (used to soak dried shiitake)
- Make ready 1 tbsp sugar*
- Prepare 1 tbsp sake*
- Make ready 1 tbsp soy sauce*
- Get 1 tbsp mirin*
- Get 100 g lotus root
- Get 2 tbsp dashi stock
- Prepare 2 tbsp rice vinegar
- Take 1 tbsp sugar
- Take 1 pinch salt
- Get 4 eggs
- Prepare 1 tbsp sake
- Make ready 1 tbsp sugar
- Make ready 8-10 king/tiger prawn (peeled)
- Get 150 g salmon for sashimi
- Take 15-20 mange tout peas
- Prepare 1 sheet Nori (dried seaweed)
Scattered Sushi (Chirashi Sushi) is often made for special occasions such as Doll Festival and birthdays. This beautifully arranged sushi is the easiest of all the sushi dishes. Prepare the toppings of your choice, scatter them on sushi rice, and voila! My Scattered Sushi toppings are easy to prepare or can be made ahead.
Steps to make Chirashizushi (Scattered Sushi) with salmon and shrimp:
- Cook the rice (https://cookpad.com/uk/recipes/4533541-cooking-japanese-rice-with-a-potor-sauce-pan?via=sidebar-recipes). Mix the vinegar, sugar and salt well so they all dissolve, then add to the cooked rice. Mix well and let the sushi rice cool.
- Squeeze the shiitake soaked in water and slice. Peel and slice the carrot in rectangular shape. Heat the dashi and water and add all the * flavoring. Add shiitake, cook for 10 minutes then add carrot. Cook till the liquid is mostly gone. Let is cool. Pick some slices of shiitake and keep them aside for decoration later.
- Peel and cut the lotus root in half, then slice. Soak in water with dash of vinegar. Drain and cook in dashi, vinegar, sugar and salt on mid heat till the moisture has evaporated.
- Boil the mange tout briefly and take them out. Add a dash of sake and pinch of salt and boil the prawns. Slice the mange tout in half diagonally. Slice the salmon.
- Mix the eggs in a bowl with sake and sugar. Heat a non stick pan with oil and make a very thin omelette (like crepe). Repeat until the egg is all used.
- Once the omelettes are cooled, stack them on top of each other, cut in quarter, then in thin stripes. Cut the nori in 8th then in thin stripes (with scissors).
- Mix shiitake & carrot with the sushi rice and set it in your plate or bowl. Scatter the nori on the rice. Next, scatter the eggs all over. Arrange the prawn, salmon, lotus root, shiitake and mange tout beautifully(this order is recommended) !
This recipe for Japanese chirashizushi, known as scattered sushi, is served on plates or in bowls with colorful toppings. It's often cooked for celebrating special occasions, such as festivals, birthdays, and so on. Don't be limited by the toppings suggested here. Use your imagination to create a dish that suits your palate. This salmon oyako chirashi sushi has been inspired by the brunch in Melbourne.
So that’s going to wrap it up with this exceptional food chirashizushi (scattered sushi) with salmon and shrimp recipe. Thanks so much for reading. I’m sure you can make this at home. There is gonna be more interesting food in home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to bookmark this page on your browser, and share it to your loved ones, colleague and friends. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!