Hey everyone, it is Brad, welcome to my recipe site. Today, we’re going to make a special dish, srilankan crab curry # surf. It is one of my favorites food recipes. This time, I will make it a little bit tasty. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Sri Lankans really do take their crab curry seriously. Last time I visited, there was even a restaurant dedicated entirely to crab dishes in Why unroasted curry powder works better for this crab curry? You can get the recipe for the Sri Lankan curry powder right here on.
Srilankan crab curry # surf is one of the most favored of recent trending meals in the world. It’s easy, it is quick, it tastes delicious. It’s appreciated by millions daily. Srilankan crab curry # surf is something which I’ve loved my whole life. They’re fine and they look wonderful.
To begin with this recipe, we must first prepare a few ingredients. You can have srilankan crab curry # surf using 21 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to make Srilankan crab curry # surf:
- Make ready 1 leave mud crab about 1.5 kg
- Make ready 2 onion diced
- Take 3 green chillies
- Make ready leaves Hands full curry
- Take 1/2 cup shredded coconut
- Get 1/2 tsp pepper
- Make ready 1 tsp fennel seeds
- Make ready 3 tbsp coconut oil
- Get 1 cup water
- Prepare Jaffna curry powder
- Prepare 4 tbsp coriander
- Take 3 tbsp cummin seeds
- Prepare 2 tbsp black peppercorns
- Get 1 tbsp mustard
- Prepare 1 tsp cloves
- Get 8 cardamom pods
- Prepare 1 tsp fennel
- Make ready 1 cup coconutilk
- Take 1 tbsp tamarind paste
- Make ready Juice of one lime
- Prepare 1 sprig drum stick leaves if not just coriander leaves will do
In a large saucepan over medium heat add oil, onion, garlic. Sri Lankan curries often have a masala (spice mix) added at the end of cooking. This curry is moderately hot, so if you're not a fan of heat. Visit Times Food and get easy recipe for Crab curry sri lankan recipe with its Prep Time, Cook Time and required ingredients.
Steps to make Srilankan crab curry # surf:
- Put the crabs in the freezer for 1 hour to immobilise them. Pull off the top shells, pull out the spongy grey gills and remove the guts. Wash clean and put the crab in boiling water along with little salt snd turmeric powder (I do this to remove the raw smell and firm up the flesh) 5 minutes.. Remove, chop the crab into 6 pieces..
- For the curry powderPlace the rice on a dry non-stick pan. Heat over medium heat until the rice starts to turn light brown. - Add the rest of the spices and pan roast for a further 3 - 5 minutes until the spices start to brown, toast and become aromatic. Keep moving the pan to prevent the spices from burning. - Remove from the heat and let the spices cool. - Once the spices cool down - use a spice grinder (or a mortar and pestle) to grind the spice mix into a powder in batches and mix well. Store
- Heat the oil in a large heavy-based saucepan, add the onions, curry leaves, chillies and cook for a few minutes or until the onions are golden
- Add the coconut paste.. saute' - Add the curry powder, chilli powder and turmeric mix in and add the crab and cook for another 3 minutes, at this stage you need to stir it a lot so the spices don’t burn.
- Then add the coconut milk, the tamarind paste, stir and add the water.
- Cover and simmer for 12 minutes or until crab is just cooked through and sauce has thickened. Stir in the drumstick leaves, lime juice and season to taste with salt. - Enjoy with hit steamed rice..
If you are a seafood lover and love eating spicy dishes, then you should definitely try Sri Lankan Crab Curry. An impressive crab curry that is full of flavour and perfect to serve at a dinner party or for a special meal at home. To make the curry, if you have whole crabs then prepare the crabs and remove the meat. Use your fingers to find the triangular flap, lift. This famous Sri Lankan curry is made with a combination of crab meat, lime juice, milk or coconut milk, curry leaves, grated coconut, ginger, shallots, garlic, cinnamon, turmeric, fenugreek seeds, and red chili peppers.
So that is going to wrap it up for this special food srilankan crab curry # surf recipe. Thanks so much for reading. I’m confident you can make this at home. There’s gonna be interesting food at home recipes coming up. Remember to bookmark this page in your browser, and share it to your loved ones, colleague and friends. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!