Hey everyone, it’s Brad, welcome to our recipe page. Today, I’m gonna show you how to make a special dish, non-fried nagoya style sticky chicken wings. One of my favorites. For mine, I will make it a little bit unique. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Non-fried Nagoya Style Sticky Chicken Wings is one of the most popular of current trending foods on earth. It is easy, it is fast, it tastes yummy. It is enjoyed by millions daily. Non-fried Nagoya Style Sticky Chicken Wings is something which I’ve loved my entire life. They are fine and they look fantastic.
To begin with this recipe, we must prepare a few ingredients. You can have non-fried nagoya style sticky chicken wings using 10 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you can achieve it.
The ingredients needed to make Non-fried Nagoya Style Sticky Chicken Wings:
- Get Chicken wings (frozen or fresh)
- Prepare cornflour
- Make ready [Sauce for up to 10 chicken wings]
- Get 3 TBS soysauce
- Take 3 TBS Mirin (Nowadays, you can get Mirin in supermarkets in the UK)
- Make ready 1 TBS sugar (or 1 tsp of honey)
- Prepare 1 TBS Sake (Japanese rice wine) You can use pale Sherry instead if you cannot get it
- Make ready garnish
- Prepare sesami seeds
- Prepare black pepper
Steps to make Non-fried Nagoya Style Sticky Chicken Wings:
- Boil plenty of water in a kettle.
- Pour boiling water onto frozen or fresh chicken wings from the kettle. Drain the water well. If you are using frozen chicken wings, you could defrost them beforehand, but you could do it directly from frozen. Please dip them in hot water for a few minutes rather than just pour. Then, you could separate them if they are sticking together etc. Drain them well. - - You could also season the chicken wings here with pepper but you sprinkle black pepper at the end, so you could omit the seasoning here.
- Put some cornflour into a plastic bag and put chicken wings. Then shake them well.
- Please lay a sheet of cooking parchment in the air fryer or on a baking tray if you using an oven. It will collect oil from the chicken and will make chicken crispier when they were turned over.
- Put the chicken wings in an air fryer and cook with 180 degrees for about 18-30 mins depends on the sizes of the chicken wings and whether they are frozen or fresh. In the middle of cooking, please turn over at least twice. - - If you do not have an air fryer, please cook them in an oven with around 220℃ degree for about 18-30 mins. Or deep fry them in a pan. When frying, please fry them twice.
- While cooking the chicken wings, make the sticky sauce. Put all sauce ingredients (soy sauce, Mirin, sugar and Sake) into a saucepan and simmer until thickened. Or put them into a microwavable bowl and heat until become thickened. Stop, stir and check at least every 2 mins. Once it becomes a bit thickened, check and stir every 30 seconds to 1 min, depends on your microwave. I prefer use 600 w (medium setting on my microwave). Each interval, please check and stir.
- Dip the cooked chicken wings into the sauce while they are really hot. Preferably, you could hear sizzling sounds when you dip them into the sauce. Then, sprinkle sesame seeds and some black pepper. It is ready to serve. - - It looks and tastes salty but the sauce is only outside. So actually, the amount of salt is not so much in this dish.
- These are soy sauce, Mirin and Sake that I used for this dish. You could use Pale Sherry instead of Sake (Japanese rice wine). It used to very difficult for me to get Sake, so I always used Pale Sherry instead. But nowadays, you could get a cooking Sake or Sake from supermarkets!
So that’s going to wrap it up for this special food non-fried nagoya style sticky chicken wings recipe. Thank you very much for your time. I’m confident you will make this at home. There’s gonna be interesting food at home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to save this page on your browser, and share it to your loved ones, friends and colleague. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!