Hello everybody, it’s John, welcome to our recipe site. Today, I will show you a way to prepare a special dish, rava sheera. One of my favorites. This time, I am going to make it a little bit unique. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Add the sugar, raisins and cashewnuts and mix well. Sheera is popularly known as Rava Sheera in Maharashtrian cuisine, halwa or Sooji Halwa in Northern India and Rava Kesari in South India since its made with Rava (semolina) also known as Sooji (Suji). Rava Sheera Recipe - an Indian dessert made of rava or sooji (semolina), ghee, sugar, cardamom and nuts.
Rava Sheera is one of the most popular of current trending meals in the world. It’s enjoyed by millions every day. It is simple, it’s fast, it tastes delicious. They’re fine and they look fantastic. Rava Sheera is something that I’ve loved my whole life.
To begin with this particular recipe, we have to prepare a few components. You can cook rava sheera using 8 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to make Rava Sheera:
- Make ready 1 cup rava or sooji
- Take 1/2 cup milk
- Take 1/2 cup sugar
- Get Few drops almond essence
- Get few drops kesar essence or kesar
- Take 8-9 tablespoons ghee
- Get as required Dry fruits
- Get 1/2 teaspoon elaichi and jaifal powder
It is a special sweet dish made for many occasions in India and is a delicious pudding to serve after any meal. Sheera or Sooji halwa is a great indian sweet made during vratham days or any special occasion. It is a rich, clean sweet made with semolina. Everyone in the family loves it.
Steps to make Rava Sheera:
- The first step is to add around 6-7 tablespoons ghee to a pan and let it heat. Now roast sooji on medium flame until it turns pink in color. You have to stir sooji continuously to avoid sticking.
- Now, heat the milk a little in another vessel and add hot milk in sheera and immediately add sugar. Stay little away while adding milk and sugar as the milk drops might burn your hand. After adding milk and sugar, stir the sheera to avoid it to stick at the bottom.
- Stir sheera for about 5-6 minutes and off the gas. Now add, jayfal elaichi powder in sheera serve it with dry fruits
Because making sheera is all easy and hardly needs any pre-planning. But now a days, SUGAR is considered as culprit of major diseases. And I try to minimize sugar in my cooking. So today jaggery rava sheera, where I substituted jaggery for sugar in normal rava sheera recipe. Let me be honest, this dessert tasted way too delicious.
So that is going to wrap this up for this special food rava sheera recipe. Thanks so much for reading. I’m confident that you can make this at home. There is gonna be interesting food at home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to save this page in your browser, and share it to your loved ones, colleague and friends. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!