Hello everybody, hope you are having an incredible day today. Today, I’m gonna show you how to make a special dish, full turkish lunch. One of my favorites. This time, I am going to make it a little bit unique. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Full Turkish Lunch is one of the most popular of recent trending foods in the world. It is appreciated by millions daily. It’s simple, it’s fast, it tastes yummy. Full Turkish Lunch is something that I have loved my whole life. They’re fine and they look wonderful.
To get started with this particular recipe, we have to first prepare a few components. You can have full turkish lunch using 31 ingredients and 16 steps. Here is how you can achieve it.
The ingredients needed to make Full Turkish Lunch:
- Make ready For the Roasted Chicken:
- Take 1.5 Kg chicken (legs and thighs)
- Take Spices: salt, pepper, 1 tsp smoked paprika, 1 tsp cumin, 1/2 tsp turmeric powder, 2 tsp dried oregano
- Get 2 chilis
- Get 8-10 pcs tomatoes
- Make ready 3 limes or lemon
- Prepare 4 sprigs rosemary and thyme (or 2 tsps each if dried)
- Prepare 1 cup chicken stock or water
- Prepare For the Kofta Balls:
- Prepare 1 Kg Beef Mince
- Make ready Spices (powder): salt, pepper, 1 tsp garlic, 1 tsp cumin, 1 tsp coriander, 1 tsp turmeric, 1/2 tsp cayenne, 1 tsp cinnamon
- Take Mozzarella (small cubes)
- Prepare For the Caramelized Pineapple Salsa:
- Make ready 2 cups diced pineapples
- Make ready half a red onion
- Take 2 tomatoes
- Prepare Salt and pepper
- Prepare Parsley
- Make ready For the Pita Bread:
- Make ready 1 1/2 cups flour (bread flour or all-purpose flour)
- Make ready 1/2 cup water
- Get 1 packet or 2 1/4 tsp of active dry yeast
- Take 3 tsp oil
- Prepare 1 tsp salt
- Make ready 1 tbps sugar
- Prepare For the Hummus:
- Get 2 cups canned chickpeas
- Take 1/2 cup tahini
- Prepare 1/4 cup olive oil
- Prepare 2 cloves garlic
- Make ready Salt and Pepper
Steps to make Full Turkish Lunch:
- Mediterranean Roast Chicken:
- Season the chicken with the spices then zest and juice one lime and rub it on the chicken. Set aside for at least 30 minutes (you can do this the night before).
- Preheat the oven to 400F. Prepare the roasting pan. Roughly chop the tomatoes and the other 2 limes. Chop and add the chili in the tray. Season then pour the stock or water then place a grill or rack on top for the chicken.
- Cook for 1 hour to 1 hour and 15 minutes. Rest the chooks and take the roasting pan to the stove to make the sauce. Remove the limes and crush the tomatoes. Stir and reduce. This will be the sauce for the kofta. Add more stock or water if needed.
- Kofta Balls:
- Mix all the spices with the minced beef. Shape into golf-sized ball then push the mozzarella cubes in the center then reshape. Shallow fry in a skillet until cooked.
- Caramelized Pineapple Salsa:
- On a dry pan, caramelize the pineapple until a little brown then chop into small cubes. Mix with finely chopped onion and garlic. Season and add chopped tomatoes and parsley.
- Pita Bread:
- Mix together the flour, yeast, salt, oil, sugar and water until it forms a rough dough.
- Transfer to a floured surface then knead until dough is smooth and supple.
- Set aside to prove for 1 hour or until doubled in size.
- Punch down and divide into 8 or 10 balls. Roll-out each ball thinly.
- On a dry pan, cook the bread on each side until light brown. Wrap the stack of pita bread in a cheese cloth or clean towel to keep it soft and warm.
- Combine all ingredients in a blender then blitz away. You can drizzle the oil into the blender while it's mixing to avoid splitting. Adjust the salt as you see fit. Bon appetit.
So that’s going to wrap it up with this exceptional food full turkish lunch recipe. Thank you very much for your time. I’m sure that you will make this at home. There’s gonna be more interesting food at home recipes coming up. Remember to bookmark this page in your browser, and share it to your loved ones, colleague and friends. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!