Hello everybody, I hope you’re having an amazing day today. Today, I’m gonna show you how to make a special dish, gizdodo. One of my favorites. For mine, I am going to make it a bit tasty. This will be really delicious.
Gizdodo is one of the most popular of recent trending meals on earth. It is enjoyed by millions every day. It is simple, it is quick, it tastes yummy. They’re nice and they look fantastic. Gizdodo is something which I have loved my whole life.
Gizdodo is a simple side dish that is often served with rice; especially Jollof rice. It is easy to deduce from the name that this meal will be basically made of gizzards and ripe plantain. Hence Gizdodo (Gizzard Dodo) and we all know that dodo is just another name for ripe plantain.
To begin with this particular recipe, we must prepare a few components. You can have gizdodo using 13 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to make Gizdodo:
- Take 3 large ripe plantain
- Get 500 grams chicken gizzard
- Take 2 cooking spoons Red chilli paste
- Prepare 1 medium Green bell pepper (diced)
- Get 3 large ripe tomatoes (sliced)
- Prepare 1 large onions (sliced)
- Get 3 red scotch bonnet peppers
- Take Seasoning
- Get Salt
- Prepare 1 teaspoon curry powder
- Get 2 cloves garlic (crushed)
- Get Little cut ginger (grinded)
- Take Vegetable oil (for frying)
This is one of those recipes "invented" from excesses or in order to reduce food wastage. If you've read through my older posts, you'll know that I love plantains…. a lot. So you bet I also love Dodo gizzards☺. Gizdodo as I like to say, is basically a fusion of chicken gizzards and plantain (also known as dodo) stewed in a peppered sauce.
Steps to make Gizdodo:
- Wash and put gizzards in a pot and add the ginger, garlic, seasoning, salt, curry powder and some part of the onions
- Add some water to the pot and cook until the gizzard is tender to taste
- Then fry in preheated vegetable oil. Not over fried so it’s not too dry
- Fry the tomato, pepper and onions left in little vegetable oil until the tomato is very soft then season lightly and pour in the gizzard and chilli paste. continue stir frying so it does not get burnt.
- Mainwhile, cut and fry your plantain and then pour the plantain into the gizzard mix with the green bell pepper and stir for 1 to 2 minutes
Keep reading for the yummiest Gizdodo recipe. Firstly you'll need to prepare the gizzards. Gizzdodo is a simple delicacy and can be a very delicious side dish if prepared correctly. It is mostly served with any type of prepared rice. Gizzdodo is the combination of plantain and gizzard, which therefore implies the name.
So that is going to wrap it up with this exceptional food gizdodo recipe. Thanks so much for reading. I’m sure you can make this at home. There’s gonna be interesting food in home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to bookmark this page on your browser, and share it to your family, colleague and friends. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!