Hey everyone, hope you are having an incredible day today. Today, I’m gonna show you how to prepare a special dish, ayam masak merah (red chicken). One of my favorites. For mine, I will make it a bit unique. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Ayam Masak Merah (Red Chicken) is one of the most popular of current trending meals on earth. It is appreciated by millions every day. It’s simple, it’s fast, it tastes delicious. They’re nice and they look wonderful. Ayam Masak Merah (Red Chicken) is something which I have loved my entire life.
To begin with this recipe, we have to first prepare a few ingredients. You can cook ayam masak merah (red chicken) using 8 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to make Ayam Masak Merah (Red Chicken):
- Prepare 1 kilogram chicken, cut into pieces
- Take 1 liter water
- Get 1 1/2 tbsp angkak (red yeast rice), steeped in 2 tbsp hot water
- Make ready 1 tsp salt
- Make ready Black pepper according to your preference
- Make ready 1 tbsp ground garlic
- Take 1 1/2 tbsp sugar
- Take 1/2 tsp ngo hiang (Chinese five spice powder)
Instructions to make Ayam Masak Merah (Red Chicken):
- Ground the red yeast rice.
- Put all ingredients (except chicken pieces) into a pot. When it is boiling, add the chicken pieces. Lower the heat. From time to time, use a ladle to pour the water to the chicken, so that the color will be even.
- Flip the chicken pieces occasionally and continue ladling the water to the chicken.
- When the water has evaporated a bit, and the chicken pieces are red in color. turn off the heat.
- Arrange the chicken on a lined casserole dish that has been lined with a bit of oil.
- Bake 175 Celcius degrees for about 5 minutes. Coat the chicken with oil or butter to create a glossy finish.
So that is going to wrap it up with this special food ayam masak merah (red chicken) recipe. Thank you very much for reading. I’m confident that you can make this at home. There is gonna be interesting food at home recipes coming up. Remember to save this page on your browser, and share it to your family, friends and colleague. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!