Hey everyone, it’s me, Dave, welcome to my recipe page. Today, I’m gonna show you how to make a distinctive dish, turai ki sabzi.(ridge gourd). One of my favorites. For mine, I will make it a little bit unique. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Turai ki sabzi.(Ridge gourd) is one of the most favored of recent trending foods on earth. It’s enjoyed by millions daily. It is easy, it is quick, it tastes delicious. They are nice and they look fantastic. Turai ki sabzi.(Ridge gourd) is something which I’ve loved my entire life.
Enjoy this easy and delicious Ridge Gourd Curry, also known as Turai ki subzi, made in the pressure cooker or instant pot. This is a simple, yet flavorful curry with many nutritional benefits of ridge gourd. Growing up, Turai is one vegetable all the kids would avoid.
To begin with this particular recipe, we have to prepare a few ingredients. You can have turai ki sabzi.(ridge gourd) using 12 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to make Turai ki sabzi.(Ridge gourd):
- Get Ikg turai
- Take 1/2 cup moong daal.(yellow lentil)
- Make ready 3 onion medium,slice
- Make ready 2 _3 green chillies. (or up to taste
- Take 1 tsp salt
- Take 1/2 tsp turmeric powder. (haldi)
- Prepare 1/2 tsp cumin powder (zeera)
- Prepare 1 tsp coriander powder. (dhania)
- Take 1/2 cup oil
- Get 3 _4 Tbsp tamarind pulp. (imli)
- Make ready 4 whole black pepper (sabut kali mirch.)
- Make ready 1 " cinnamon stick. (dal chini)
In Maharashtra it is popular by the name of Dodaka. To begin making the Masala Wali Turai Ki Sabzi Recipe - Ridge Gourd Masala Curry heat oil in the pressure cooker; add the mustard seeds and cumin seeds and allow the seeds to crackle. Once the seeds crackle, add in the ginger, tomatoes, turmeric powder, chilli powder, coriander powder and salt to taste. In north India ridge gourd curry is called Turai ki sabji and in Andhra we call it Beerakaya kura.
Steps to make Turai ki sabzi.(Ridge gourd):
- Wash and soak lentil for 1/2 an hour.
- Peel wash and cut turai.
- Take a pan. Put cinamin stick and black pepper. Add onion.
- When change it's colour pink add turai.
- And add all dry spices. Green chillies.
- Cover the pan and cook at medium to high flame. Stir occasionally. When water is about to dry mash turai with wooden spoon, than add moong dal.add 1/2 cup of water. Cover it on slow flam.
- After 3_4 min: stir it. Again cover. When lentil tenders but not mashed. Add tamarind pulp. Mix and sprinkle black pepper powder. Put on dum til oil separated from veg:.
Traditionally ridge gourd curry uses onion, tomato and green chilly. Today I am using red chilly powder,garam masala and peanuts. Simple basic ingredients which are easily available at home, goes into making this sabji. Turai Aloo Ki Sabzi is a delicious side dish recipe made under half hour with fresh ridge gourds, aloo and tamatar. This curry is apt choice for a weeknight dinner.
So that’s going to wrap it up with this exceptional food turai ki sabzi.(ridge gourd) recipe. Thank you very much for your time. I am confident that you will make this at home. There’s gonna be interesting food at home recipes coming up. Remember to bookmark this page in your browser, and share it to your loved ones, friends and colleague. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!